Anyone who supports the mission of the Association is eligible for membership. There are four different categories of membership: • Clinical, • Academic, • Student, and • Associate. Information about each category can be found within the application form.
We believe there are many tangible and many hidden benefits of membership. Some both current and potential are:
- national conferences
- local social and professional gatherings and workshops
- professional journal
- online community, via a listserv and Facebook (one Facebook group open and the other closed for members only by request)
- referral service to connect potential clients with qualified therapists
- speakers bureau
- professional consultation opportunities
- religious/faith support, including common prayer and shared devotional practices
- ability to network with competent colleagues
- quarterly newsletter
- professional development webinars
- topical content delivered by podcast
- growing resource library on topics related to therapy
- forum to advertise one’s self-developed resources
Current members whose last application form is less than three years old can renew their memberships without completing a new form – simply by submitting the fee and communicating any minors changes we should make to our records. Whether new or renewing, dues can be paid by posted cheque to our office, e-transfer, or online, using
SquareRegister [ this feature has not yet been activated ].
We strive to make regular membership fees affordable, but we also offer incentive pricing for both the current member and a new member brought in by this member (details are on the application form). Members who serve as diocesan liaisons (properly appointed) enjoy entirely free memberships. If fees are a sincere burden to someone who would otherwise join, please contact the office to discuss the situation.